Blog

31/12/2008

change of plan



We attempted the Angel's Vintage sale in early December

and decided a trip to Camden and the Tate Modern would be preferable to a 5 hour queue...

So we got our rumage and root around in the vintage stalls and took in some modern culture too.

The Turbine Hall is showing Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster's TH.2058 exhibition.

It wasn't my favourite exhibition that has been put on,

it doesn't seem as striking as some and I couldn't see the link between all the elements.

But I did manage a couple of sneaky successful photos;

the vivid blue and yellow bunk beds and the giant skeleton.

Every time I visit I discover new pieces I hadn't noticed before or new additions

This time I really liked the work in the Material Gestures: Contemporary painting exhibition; in particular

Toby Ziegler's The Hedonistic Imperative

and

Ellen Gallagher's Bird in Hand

All images in this post © Ellie Osborne 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment